Tuesday, April 2, 2013

DVDPlanet.com is a Great Place to Buy blu-ray and DVDs!

I used to get the majority of my DVDs through Buy.com. Now, I have nothing against that site at all and am very pleased with it. But thanks to Ebates, I found a smaller site that has better prices! 

The website at DVDPlanet.com is very easy to navigate. This is probably because - unlike other big DVD stores - they only focus on DVDs. There is no electronics, books, computers or anything else to distract from the DVD selection. I found the search feature to work wonderfully. New Releases and Coming Soon are featured on the main menu, with a selection of genres on the left. There are links at the bottom of the main page to articles on www.thedigitalbits.com which contains a variety of movie reviews, rumors, art, and other interesting tidbits. 

Under DVD Deals there is a large selection of DVDs under $6. Also available are DVDs between $6 - $10, $10 - $15, and $15 - $20. This is a great way to build your DVD collection fairly inexpensively. 

What I like best about DVDPlanet.com is that their prices are at least 30% off of the retail price of DVDs. While I have come across other sites that are discounted from retail, I haven't come across any as cheap as here. For instance, my recent acquisition of Star Trek: The Next Generation - Season Two costs $94.49 at DVDPlanet.com. At Buy.com it costs $97.99 and at Amazon.com it costs $104.99. The DVD Marilyn Monroe Diamond Collection #2 is $59.99 at DVDPlanet.com and Amazon.com and $62.49 at Buy.com. The DVD of Gone With the Wind is $18.74 atDVDPlanet.com, $19.49 at Buy.com and $19.99 at Amazon.com

The shipping costs at DVDPlanet.com are competitive as well. Standard shipping of 1-2 discs is $2.50 plus .50 for each disc. Priority mail of 3 or more discs is the same. 2-day shipping by UPS is $6.00 plus $2.50 each disc. Next day is $10.00 plus $2.50 each disc. Amazon.com has cheaper shipping charges for the 2-day and Next-day, but I have never had a reason to have my DVDs shipped to me this way, so I always choose standard. I have always had my discs shipped standard and have noticed they seem to arrive a day or two later than the other popular DVD sites. I don't mind waiting the extra day or two for the money I save! Even if it's only $10, that's $10 more that's mine. 

There is an email list to subscribe to. Ever week I get a notice of what's being released. You can also get early notice of upcoming Criterion Collection titles, an Anime notice, as well as a notice about the adult selections. Also, for those in California, there is a DVD Planet Superstore in Westminster. 

No comments:

Post a Comment