Sunday, January 27, 2013

Pioneer PD-F1007 Disc Changer: What Happened To Your CD Collection???

That was the question someone asked me soon after I purchased this CD Jukebox. You see, I had CD holders stacked in my living room, holding more than 300 CDs in their cases. When my friend entered the house, that spot was cleared. I had chosen 280 "worthy" of a place in this Jukebox, and stored the remainder and the empty jewel cases in a closet. 

We have been purchasing all Pioneer components one by one to replace our almost 20 year old stereo system, and this is the crown jewel in our stereo system as far as I'm concerned. I can press Random Play and not have to touch the system again all day. 

The audio quality is as good as you get for these large-volume changers. As far as I'm concerned, it's fine for me since I grew up on records but some people who are more finicky about their sound might find fault with it. 

It has a single load player for the CDs I chose not to put in. Anytime I want to listen to one of them, I load them in the single loader easily by pressing access andplay. The tracks on this single CD can be heard in random order as well. 

It has a CD Text function which is a nice feature. The title of the CD, Artist, and the song titles are displayed automatically by reading it off of the CD. However, there are not many CDs out there using this technology yet. The only CD in my collection with it was Bruce Springsteen's Tracks

Entering all of the titles is difficult since you have to either use the dial on the front or the remote. I have entered the titles twice and lost them completely, so now it is blank. An interface to the computer would be great. Right now I keep a list of the titles on my computer and print it out so I know which CD is in which slot. Whenever I change anything in the player, I have to print out a new list. This is the only drawback to the system. 



No comments:

Post a Comment